Enjoy a gluten and dairy free snack with the super health benefits of spirulina
1/4 cup dried apricots
1/2 cup dried coconut
1/4 cup almonds (soaked over night)
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
8 medjool dates, pitted
3 Tbs coconut butter
3 Tsp spirulina powder
3 Tbs raw cacao or cocoa powder
zest of 1 orange
a pinch of salt
1. Soak the dried apricots in warm water for 5 minutes
2. Add the dried coconut to a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Remove and set aside.
3. Add the almonds and seeds to the food processor and pulse again until finely ground.
4. Add the dates and apricots and pulse until well incorporated.
5. Add the coconut butter, spirulina, raw cacao, orange zest and salt and pulse one last time. The mixture should stick together but not be wet.
6. Pinch off a little of the mixture, roll it into a ball, and roll it around in the coconut flakes.
7. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
8. Share the enjoyment with as many people as possible
Recipe by Nicky Halliday
Adapted from Bauman College Staff